Tuesday, June 12, 2012

October (14-17 wks)


October  (14-17 wks)

            We celebrated Brian’s Birthday by practically giving ourselves carbon monoxide poisoning.  While I was cooking dinner, Brian went to the store to get a few ingredients, my oven stopped working.  The burner went out but continued to pump natural gas.  The kids were playing in their rooms and I was reading on the couch in the living room.  I didn’t smell the fumes because the windows in the kitchen and living room were open.  When Brian came home he was very concerned since he could smell the gas outside when he got out of the car.  We shut off the gas line, opened all the windows, packed up dinner and the cat and finished cooking at my parents’ house.

            Our 10th Anniversary was on Oct 6th.  I was hoping Brian was going to surprise me by planning a little gathering of family and friends to celebrate our Anniversary and then we could “surprise” them with our news, but he had just started a new job so there wasn’t any time for planning.  We did celebrate by going out to breakfast with the kids, which was fun.

            I still had a lot of Sciatic nerve pain, but I was starting to feel the baby move, so that was very exciting.  I had several of the same symptoms that I did when I was pregnant with Makenna so I thought this baby would be a girl.  Although whenever I mentioned the baby I always referred to him as “he” or “him”.  That should have been my clue.

            On Oct 22nd, we celebrated Makenna’s Birthday with a breakfast a Butterfields. 

            We went to Kim’s for her Halloween party, on the 29th, and joined Alex for trick or treating at Brian’s parents’ house on the 31st since it was a Monday.  My 3rd prenatal visit was scheduled for Halloween but we needed to reschedule for November 1st.      

No comments:

Post a Comment