Tuesday, June 12, 2012

December (22-24 wks)


December (22-24 wks)

            Brian started back on midnights at the beginning of the month.  Tyler’s hockey schedule was in full swing. I was home with Makenna and Jonathan, nothing about our daily lives was out of the ordinary.  Except that I felt like I was 8 months pregnant instead of 6 months.  My sciatic nerve was so irritated that I couldn’t stand for long periods of time, I couldn’t pick up Jonathan to change his diaper, and sometimes my leg would give out as I stood up from a sitting position.  I didn’t schedule a prenatal office visit at the beginning of this month because I figured it would be the same routine as the others, I would get weighed, measured and hear the heartbeat.  We would just wait until after the ultrasound appointment, that way my doctor would have the results and we’d have something to discuss.

            On December 10th, we went to my sister Cathy’s house for her cookie exchange party.  We had a nice time visiting with family members and the friends that we only get to see a few times a year.  Later that week a family conflict occurred that caused a great deal of stress for myself and other family members.

On December 14th, I had so much cramping and back pain that I spent most of the day laying on the couch.  Thankfully Makenna and Jonathan like pb&j sandwiches, because I could barely stand long enough to make them lunch.  

The ultrasound office called me on December 16th and told me they needed to change my appointment because they had a scheduling conflict.  I had a feeling that I should try to keep that date, and the little voice inside my head said, “tell them you would feel more comfortable keeping the appointment.”  But of course I didn’t listen to my instinct; I said, “Sure that’s fine, what’s 4 more days?”

            December 17th we went to Brian’s brother’s house for the Cookie Decorating/Ugly Sweater Party.  I was tired, but that wasn’t unusual.  Brian won the Sweater Ornament and chocolate money prizes for having the best outfit.  My nephew came home with us that night to spend the weekend with us since it was Tyler’s birthday on December 19th.

              

No comments:

Post a Comment