Tuesday, June 12, 2012

November (18-21 wks)


November (18-21 weeks)

            My 3rd prenatal appointment was November 1st, Brian and the kids came with me but they fell asleep just before we pulled into the office parking lot.  Brian stayed in the car while they slept. When I called him to let him know it was time to hear the heartbeat, he said that Jonathan had pee’d through his diaper and pants so he didn’t want to bring him in the office in just his diaper.  So we decided that he would hear the heartbeat at the next appointment.

            Tyler and Makenna loved to put their hands on my belly and feel the baby move.  Jonathan wasn’t patient enough to keep his hands on my belly and wait for the kicks so he would put his face right up to my belly and yell, “Hey baby! Want a Slurpee?!”  Makenna at one point told Brian’s mom that she felt the oatmeal move in my tummy.  Brian said his mom either didn’t catch the comment or didn’t hear it since she’s deaf in one ear!

            On November 12th, Brian woke up feeling ill, and started to vomit.  After 6 hours of being sick he asked me to drive him to the hospital.  We arrived at 2:30pm and by 6:30pm he was in surgery for an emergency Appendectomy.  My mom watched the kids overnight and I stayed with Brian in the hospital.  While Brian was hospitalized, I drove back and forth to the hospital several times a day.  I usually went in the morning with Makenna and JP, after Tyler had left for school.  I went back in the afternoon after the kids had lunch and naps, back home for Tyler after school, helped him with homework, made dinner and got the kids ready for bed.  Then I went back to the hospital in the evening, by myself or with Tyler; while someone watched Makenna and Jonathan.   During this time I had a lot of cramping and pressure but it always subsided if I laid down to rest.  My 20 week ultrasound was scheduled for the week Brian was hospitalized so I rescheduled for the earliest available appointment on December 19th.    When Brian came home from the hospital and had a few days to recover we told our families that we were having another baby. Some of the reactions were:

“Really?  Are you serious?”

“You’re kidding right?!”

“Four kids, wow! Four kids, I can’t believe it.”

“So, you and Brian decided to have another baby to try and qualify for financial aid?”

“I already knew, I was just waiting until you felt comfortable making the announcement.”

“Don’t you believe in birth control?”

“I’m so excited! Just think next year at Thanksgiving there’s going be a highchair at the table, we’re going to have a baby in a highchair.  Oh, who am I kidding?  I’m going to be holding him all day, or her, it might be a her!”

            The last one is courtesy of my sister-in-law Karen and is of course my favorite reaction!

            Since my family decided to go to a restaurant for Thanksgiving and  I knew that Makenna and Jonathan would not sit well for 2-1/2 hours or more in a restaurant, so we spent Thanksgiving with Brian’s family at his sister’s house.  That weekend I brought in all the boxes of Christmas decorations by myself, because Brian was still restricted from lifting and I didn’t have anyone else who could help me.  And Tyler had several hockey games since his team had entered into a tournament that weekend.  I ended the month of November and started December feeling completely exhausted.



           

No comments:

Post a Comment